In order to look into how teams of fours are structured in fiction, I asked Twitter and Facebook to provide me with examples of teams of four. They delivered, so now I have 49 teams of four. The teams can be viewed in the following Google Doc:
Using optimal sort, I will now ask Twitter and Facebook to participate in a card sorting exercise to put the four members of each team into groups along with similar members of other teams (by archetype, skills, other traits – who knows?).
If you wish to participate the 49 teams of four have been separated into 14 studies of 7 Teams Each. Each study can have ten participants, to please click on and complete as many as you can!
Goals (not rules)
0) There is no right way to slice this. Your categories might relate to Skills, Traits, Roles in the Team, Elemental Forces, Archetypes of various kinds, relationships to an existing pantheon etc… go with what works for you.
1) Each Category Created should contain only one character from each team.
2) We are looking for the lowest number of categories compatible with the first rule (so…. four categories).
3) This may not be possible, so if you find that more categories are needed please feel free to create them!
4) If you don’t know about a particular team, TV show, film, etc, leave them in the sidebar.
Results will be published here along with Step Three onward in this experiment!